Monday, January 19, 2009

Where was Christopher?


The hallways were silent except for the sound of fumbling paper as someone prepared to address the school over the pa. I remember it was a Tuesday. Tuesday was the day that Christopher and I would get breakfast sandwiches in the cafeteria before our first period. I liked Tuesdays until this Tuesday. Where was I? Yes, the hallways were silent first period had started, well actually it was time for first period but everyone was just siting waiting to hear what had happened. Christopher hadn't showed up that morning, no text, no call. He must have been in the accident. The fumbling paper stopped and then a long pause. A long exhale seemed to freeze everything. I remember being in the hall but was looking in on my earth science class. Everyone was waiting. Where was Christopher?

No comments: