Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Wish


At one point what was happening made sense. I walked into the store and noticed the floor had just been waxed. A bag of chips had fallen to the ground with a portion of it's contents trampled on and spread across the floor. I heard a rattling in the back of the store and decided I should take a look at what was making the sound. It seemed like the second I decided to check out the sound it stopped. At this point I wished I was happy with what I already knew. I wanted to go back and start over. I wanted so desperately to walk twenty steps backward and shut the door. I didn't need what I thought I first needed. I didn't know what I should be afraid of but deep down under my jacket my insides knew nothing would ever be the same.

1 comment:

Kim - Affairs of Living said...

I like the wishbone. I collect wishbones in a clay jar with pinecones, seed pods, small plastic babies, a and other junk I find; I wish I could add this one to my collection. Nice words too.